Saturday 19 April 2008

Pilot

The other day I was browsing through an interior design magazine in the book shop (didn't buy it just browsing). It got me thinking though, as I turned the pages I tried to identify which images were computer generated and which were photographs. I have to admit, even though I've got a few hundred years of CAD experience under my belt, that distinguishing between virtual reality and reality is not easy nowadays. The simplicity of creating realistic renders comes from the fact that its the same process you would go through when taking a photograph, you know: choose your camera, set it up, adjust the lighting, then let the machines do the rest.

Lets play a game, call it an icebreaker. Three of the images below are computer generated renders from CAD packages, but one of them is a photograph. Spot the odd one out, Should be a poll kicking about for this one.

Image number 1:

Image number 2:

Image number 3:
Image number 4:
Mmm... tricky isn't it

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh very tricky, i am guessing image #4.

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I have notice is gurly wink*...when i have a handful of time i will definitely design not just girlie2x. hehehe ... Thanks again.